Accredited Home Elevator, a busy and growing residential elevator installation company, is actively seeking new team members for the role of Elevator Mechanic Assistant to join our growing New Jersey installation team.
You do not need specific experience installing elevators. Our Elevator Mechanic Assistant program provides mentoring, training, and hands on experience in the field to obtain the knowledge and experience needed to become an Elevator Installation Mechanic.
In this role, you will work alongside experienced mechanics with loading and unloading of tools and equipment, participate in assembly and installation of elevator equipment while learning the installation and service procedures for each type of elevator to become an elevator mechanic.
Successful candidates will:
· Enjoy working with their hands.
· Find satisfaction in solving mechanical problems.
· Have an interest in electricity and electronics.
· Be comfortable on a construction site.
· Not be afraid of heights.
· Demonstrate the desire to learn and follow procedures and techniques needed to comply with elevator codes and regulations.
· Adhere to all company policies including safety, appearance, and customer service.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds repetitively.
- Ability to climb up and down both stairs & ladders repeatedly throughout the day.
- Experience with both hand and power tools of the construction trade.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Accredited Home Elevator offers training for all employees, competitive wages and benefits packages including:
- Signing Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Matching 401K
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
Apply today to begin a rewarding career at Accredited Home Elevator.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Mechanical knowledge: 2 years (Preferred)
- construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road